As Carly explains...
The idea is to get in your car, or if you prefer a bike or your own two feet, and show us something in any direction you choose, up to 5 miles from your home. For a little added fun, tell us when you sign up for the challenge, in which direction you plan to go. Let's see which direction gets the most attention.Simple, right? Pick a direction, travel five miles (about 8 kilometers) in that direction, and then photograph what you find. Maybe there's something within five miles from your home that you've always wanted to photograph. Well, here's your chance - and if it's only three and a half miles away, well, what are we, the Google Maps police? Or maybe you'll generate a random choice of direction (e.g. let someone spin you around, blindfolded, or, um, something) go exactly five miles, and photograph whatever happens to be there. You decide how you want to play this. But please, don't go more than five miles away, okay?
Okay, here's the part where we put in the rules, because even after all these years we still get people who don't quite get how this works:
1. DO RSVP in the comments below, preferably before the Challenge date (March 27th). Your comment should include your name or handle, blog name, and blog URL, thus:
I'm going west!
Are We There Yet?
2. DO proofread your RSVP, because we build our Linking List from it. If you've typed "bolgspot" and we don't catch it, you're not going to get many visitors to your blog!
3. DO mention the Round Robin Challenge in your entry, and include a link back here. You are encouraged to also include links to other participants, but that's not required. We also have a graphic you may want to include - see the sidebar for graphics to download and use.
4. DO NOT post your entry before March 27th.
5. DO post your entry on the 27th if possible, so people will be able to visit your blog as they're making the rounds. It's also a good idea to leave a second comment to say you've posted. If you have to post a day or two late, that's okay - not optimal, but okay. We will accept late entries for six days before closing the Challenge.
6. DO visit other people's entries, and comment if you can so they know you visited.
Still have questions? Email me, or Carly, or both. Our email addresses are on the sidebar.
That's it! Go be photographers!
Linking List as of 9:58 AM PST
Karen (Southeast) - Posted!
Carly - Posted!
Gattina (South) - Posted!
Peggy (Northeast) - Posted!
Holmespunfun Memes and Themes
Wammy (East) - Posted!
The Ellis Family Cincinnati
Jama - Posted! 03/28/10
Sherrie (West) - Posted!
Sandy (Southeast) - Posted!
From the Heart of Texas
carolynUSA (north) - Posted! 03/28/10
Ford Family Photos
My Photography in Focus
Duane (East) - Posted!
Mary Tomaselli's Photos
Ruth (East) - Posted!
ellen b (East, North and South) - Posted!
The Happy Wonderer
Freda (North and Northwest) - Posted!
Sandy - Posted!
From the Heart of Texas