This Challenge Is Now Closed!
Here we are again with another Challenge, this time for a posting date of Wednesday, December 27th. The topic comes to us from Connie, author of Windswept - Connie's Country Life. I'll let her introduce it:
How about: Past vs Present.
One could show
- a photo of how they looked, say, 20 or so years ago and now...
- or maybe the house they lived in, then and now...
- or their garden, then and now.
I like this one a lot. Pretty much everyone has old photos of something or someone that's still important to us, still a part of our lives today. Normally we don't get to use these in the Round Robin, because the idea is to take new photos based on that week's theme. But this time, we get to do both: show off an old photo, and compare and contrast it with a brand new one of the same person, place or thing. Or maybe it's a completely different person, place or thing, say an ex-husband and the current one, or your old house versus your new apartment, or the recreation you lavished your time on when you were young and foolish, vs. what you spend time on now that we're all older (and probably still foolish). Neat, huh? I know I'm looking forward to it!
Okay, now try to stay awake, 'cause I'm going to run down Da Rules again, briefly!
- Do RSVP by leaving your first name, blog name and URL in a comment to this entry (see below for an example*)
- Don't post before Wednesday, December 27th. Patience, my friends!
- Do post on Wednesday, December 27th, any time from midnight to midnight (but if you must delay, up to Tuesday, January 2nd is okay)
- Don't completely forget to post your entry
- Do mention the Round Robin and the topic, and do link back to this blog (and if you include the linking list, that's even better!)
Yes, we wants to play, oh yes, my presciousss!
Gollum's Bog Blog
Questions? You know where to reach us:
* Karen: mavarin[at]aol.com
* Carly: ondinemonet[at]aol.com
* Steven: steven.emmett[at]gmail.com
That's it! So in the midst of your holiday revelries, dig out that one precious (or memorable, or evocative, or silly) photo from the past, and keep it in mind as you (yes, I have to say it) go be photographers!
Karen (with Carly and Steven)
Karen - POSTED!
Carly - POSTED!
Ellipsis... Suddenly Carly
Janet - POSTED!
Fond of Photography
Julie's Web Journal
Suzanne R - POSTED!
New Suzanne R's Life
Steven - Posted!
Brad G. - Posted!